20 Apr Looking For Your Next Place Of Ministry?
DJ Chuang has an awesome list of ministries that re helping pastors match churches they can serve and churches find their right pastor as well. While I copy the entire post here for convenience, I encourage you to check out DJ’s blog for other awesome material!
Churches are searching for pastors. Pastors are looking for churches. Making the connection can be quite challenging for many on both sides of the equation. Sure there’s a spiritual dimension to all of this– being a pastor is a “calling,” (whatever that might mean in a particular faith tradition) layered with much prayer for discernment and provision. Yet in the real-world concrete and tangible reality, there is that job component, when a church pastor is a paid religious professional.
There are a bunch of search engines / directories/ listings working to make this connection, for pastors looking for a ministry opportunity, and for churches looking for a pastor to fill a staff position, along with other church staff jobs. I’ll update this list as I find ‘em — (note: listing does not connote endorsement) ::
- ChurchStaffing.com – a leading source” run by Salem Web Network; free registration required to view listings and resumes; ~60,000 subscribers to weekly newsletter
- ChurchJobs.net – run by C.M. Press; sizeable database of Christian ministry job openings and resumes with visible web presence in search engines & social networks; pricing starts at $99.95/mo for posting a job listing; $39.95 for posting a resume; database is mirrored to other domain names like pastorsearchcommittee.com, christianjobs1.net, ExperiencingWorship.com, ChurchStaffSearch.com, WorshipJobs.com
- www.churchjobsonline.com – a division of ChristianCareerCenter.com; listing pricing starts at free; ~25,000 email subscribers, ~20,000 unique visitors monthly
- PastorFinder.com – run by Outreach Media Group; ~25,000 unique visitors monthly; 74% of users are currently employed
- www.pastorsearch.net – Pastor Search Network, run by The Victorious Network since 1995; ~10,000 visitors weekly
- ministrysearch.com – Christian ministry job positions; ~ 7000 visits per week
- at findingourplace.com, Jayce Tohline has indexed even more ministers & ministries listing websites; Creator Magazine has an index of web listings for Music and Worship Ministry
And, there are professional services that help make the connection for churches and staff. HelpStaff.me is run by Justin Lathrop (one of my pastor friends), who can put together a professional nationwide search for church staff positions. Another one is MinisterSearch.com, a full-service consulting firm for church staffing.
Aside: this ehow.com article, How to Work for a MegaChurch, gives sobering advice about working in a church setting. Set your idealism aside — “If you think working for a church will be peaceful and idyllic, you’re deluding yourself. Pastors and church staff members are as inherently flawed as the rest of the world. If your desire to work for a MegaChurch stems from the belief that you’ll be in a conflict free office environment, think again.“